Friday, February 22, 2008

It's a small world

I use Google Analytics for website statistics on my company website. It's free (up to a million page views I believe) and easy to set up. In the last month, I've had 357 visits from 250 unique visitors. That alone surprises me since I am only using viral marketing at this point - no Google Adwords campaign or other advertising. It is all from online forums, user blogs, Google searches, word of mouth, etc.


But what really surprises me is that only 151 of those 357 visits came from the US. The rest came from 40 other countries! The map from Google Analytics below uses darker shades of green to represent the proportion of visitors from each country. This map is for the last month.

The US had the most visitors from one country, followed by the UK, India, Poland, the Netherlands, and Canada, all of which had visitors totaling in the double-digits. It's amazing to me how easy it is to reach people around the globe.

Below is a map from Nov 1 to present. It represents 54 countries.

No comments: