Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Benefits of blogging

I started this blog just to record my experiences so I could look back later and remember what the early days were like, and to share my experiences with friends and family who are interested in what I'm doing. But I have already discovered a real benefit of blogging.

After reading my blog entry on source control, a friend of mine e-mailed me to tell me that he uses a program called Visual SVN which integrates source control into Visual Studio. I don't need that right now, but it is a good tip.

Then, my Dad read the entry on my needing a good all-in-one printer and he wrote to tell me about a review he read in Money Magazine on all-in-one printers in case I hadn't bought the one from Costco yet (I hadn't - my coupon had expired 2 days before that blog entry). After doing some research on the two favorite printers from the review he read, I ended up buying a Canon PIXMA MX700 which my dad found on sale with an instant rebate from one of the big electronics stores in town (only $129!). He even picked it up for me since it's hard to shop with baby in tow and I wanted to get it while the rebate was in effect. I am going to pick up my new toy this weekend.

So many thanks for the useful tips and please keep them coming!

No comments: